Reducing water use is not only good for the environment, but will save you money on your water bill each month. Follow these handy water conservation tips to help reduce water usage in your household:
Get your Smiths Water & Sewer Authority account information anytime, anywhere by calling our account information line. Quickly access meter reading information, consumption information, payment history and due dates. Update your account here.
Get to Know Us
Smiths Water & Sewer Authority is an organization of dedicated professionals who are united in one goal: to continuously provide an efficient, cost effective supply of clean, safe drinking water to the residents of Smiths Station and surrounding Lee County communities while being responsive to growth within our community and ensuring the long-term reliability of the system.
Pay Your Bill
Ways to Pay
E-Bill"Simplify Your Life"
- E-Bill is a completely paperless way to receive your monthly water bill and it’s free.
- Paperless billing can result in less waste and can help you to be more organized.
- With E-Bill, your monthly water bill will be delivered straight to your inbox each month.
- Your E-Bill includes a link to our Web Pay service so you can conveniently view and pay your bill with minimal effort.
- E-Bill and Web Pay services are available at no cost to you.
Pay in Person, By Mail, or By Phone"We've Got You Covered"
- You can pay in the way way that’s best for you! In person, over the phone, or by mail.
- Office Address: Smiths Water & Sewer Authority 2848 Lee Road 243 Smiths Station, AL 36877
- Mailing Address: Smiths Water & Sewer Authority 2848 Lee Road 243 P.O. Box 727 Smiths Station, AL 36877
- Call Toll Free: (855) 871-9883
Enroll in Auto Pay"Pay With Ease"
- Never forget to pay with Auto Pay!
- Enrollment is quick and easy.
- Relax knowing your bills are paid on time and that your information is safe and secure with us.
Sign up easily
New Customer Service
For Residential Service
Recently moved into a new home? Whether you rent or own, signing up for water service is quick and easy.
For Commercial Service
Owning a business is hard. Your utilities should be the least of your worries. We can switch you on in no time.
New Customer Service
Applications for new service are accepted at the Smiths Water & Sewer Authority office Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. eastern time.
Clean Water. Excellent Service.
Smiths Water Authority (SWA) was established by Special Session of the Legislature of the State of Alabama in 1965 to provide potable water service in the unincorporated areas of southeast Lee County.
Interested in joining our team? Smiths Water & Sewer Authority offers competitive compensation and employee benefits package along with a professional, friendly work environment.
Have A Question For Us?
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page or let us know how we can help!